1.2

I consider myself a consumer of news. It's critical that media outlets report accurately and include all facts. For this reason, here is what I wrote to KTLA @ktla.com

I just watched your broadcast this evening, January 5, at 10 PM. You did a lengthy report about the murder of the Newman California police officer Ronil Singh that seemed to strike the right chord of sympathy and respect for this fine legal immigrant who came here to live his American dream.

This was an in depth report on the circumstances surrounding his death and his funeral. In this lengthy piece, which I believe lasted 2 or 3 minutes you failed to mention that he was killed by an illegal alien. Why do you feel the need to keep this vital information from your viewers while at the same time accurately reporting that he himself was an immigrant to America? If officer Singh's legal status is germane to the story why isn't the status of his murderer also pertinent? It leaves me wondering what else you choose not to report to your viewers. It is incumbent on you to report complete stories to your viewers and include all known facts. Even if you've mentioned this important fact when this story first came to light there's no reason not to report something about his murder each time you report on it. You should never edit out information that management at your station thinks is somehow politically incorrect. The fact that he was killed by an illegal alien is a significant element to the story. Now I'm left wondering what is left out of many of your reports.

I am deeply disappointed in your failure to report all of the facts about how and why this man died and, importantly, at whose hands. You should be a shamed of yourselves for trying to conceal important facts from your viewers. Constrain your bias, report the facts and let your viewers decide what opinions to form. For this reason, I will no longer be one of your viewers. I'll get my news from Fox because I can be assured of getting all facts that pertain to a newsworthy story.

Joel Hicks

Orange California

Product or Service Mentioned: Ktla Tv Show.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: I urge ktla news to report accurate, complete news unfiltered by bias.

I didn't like: Biased incomplete reporting on officer ronil singh.

Comments